James D. Affenito, DMD
James Affenito was born and raised in Western Massachusetts. Dr. Affenito received his dental degree (DMD) from Tufts University School of Dental Medicine in 1985. Following a general practice residency at St. Mary’s Hospital in Waterbury, Connecticut, he completed his post graduate training in oral and maxillofacial surgery at St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital Center in New York City.
In 1989, Dr. Affenito joined OMS Associates in Connecticut. He has provided the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery and is actively involved in the oral surgery residency program at Yale New-Haven Hospital and both the undergraduate and graduate programs at the University of Connecticut, School of Dental Medicine.
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- Member, American Dental Association
- Member, Bristol Dental Society
- Staff Appointments at Yale New Haven Hospital, Bristol Hospital, and St. Mary’s Hospital
- Clinical Instructor Department of Craniofacial Sciences, University of Connecticut Health Center
Outside of work, Dr. Affenito remains active with the sport of hockey, coaching youth hockey for many years and playing hockey for men’s leagues throughout the state. In addition to his passion for sports, Dr. Affenito enjoys traveling and spending time at the lake fishing with his family. Dr. Affenito resides in Litchfield County with his lovely wife, Sandra, and their two sons, James and Benjamin.